Saturday, July 11, 2009

Visiting with Friends

We had a regional meeting in San Juan, the town closest to me in mid-June and so I got to see some of my friends that I hadn`t seen since we left for site in mid-May so I was excited. We decided to make a day of it since the Patronales (Saint`s Festival) was going on in San Juan. After the meeting we headed out to my friend`s house in Juan de Herrera where we loaded up and headed out to the dam on the Mogollon river in Sabaneta. The water was actually fairly cold. Not Washington State cold, but colder than the creek that runs through my town. Then later on that evening we went out to Mexican food. It was the best thing I`ve had since I got to this country. My friend and I shared fajitas which were awesome. We had guacamole and salsa and jack cheese. It was like being in heaven for a few hours. Expensive on a Peace Corps salary but totally worth it. Afterwards we headed over to the Patronales to hang out and drink some rum and check out the crowd. And were surprised by a fireworks show. Then later on we met up with some of Ruth`s friends and we went out dancing. I`m turning into a dancing machine here.


Cliff, me, Jasmine, Ruth, and Ben at the dam in Sabaneta


Cliff jumping off a part of the dam after going to get my camara for me! What a friend!


Ruth and I at the discoteca


Cliff and Ben at the Patronales


Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment