Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cocos!!

Oh Coconuts!! I forget how good it is to drink fresh coconut juice from a coconut that is freshly harvested from the tree. There`s nothing much better really! Especially when you get to eat the yummy meat afterwards. My friend Francisco lives with his grandma Pompea (who is one of my favorite ladies ever), and they have just about every kind of tree imaginable that bears some sort of food. I had fresh grapefruit juice and fresh lemonade. But the cocos are the best. It`s so much fun to go knock a coconut down from the tree, take it back up to the house, have Francisco chop it open with the machete (I definitely don`t have the skill), pour it into a glass with ice, and drink up on a hot summer afternoon. I`m going to make passion fruit juice with Pompea today. Life could be a lot worse!


Francisco chopping open the coconut.


Not sure if you can see it well, but this coconut is full of juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment