Saturday, July 11, 2009

Interviews

Just so you know I`ve been working, here`s some pictures I`ve taken while doing interviews in my community. I had to do 100 interviews in my community which I divided up based on the number of houses in all 13 barrios (neighborhoods). Then I spent a lot of time walking, talking, eating, sitting, riding on motorcycles, etc. to get to all the locations because my campo is quite spread out. Luckily, either my friend Toni or my friend Francisco went with me to all of them, because although my Spanish is good, some Dominicans are particularly hard to understand.


I couldn´t resist taking a picture of this little boy.


Check out those eyes!


Two of the cutest little girls ever!


One of the houses in the community.


My friend Francisco took this one. Isn`t it beautiful!?


Another house.


Another house!


Fixin` the table.


Breakfast in the rice fields. They were thinning the rice.


Negra and I. Negra is one of the ladies I did an interview with.


The water truck watering down the road with a few of the 22 people that live at my tia Dulce`s house running behind it.


Interviewing Manuel.


Freddy, plucking the feathers off a chicken.


Claudio. Every time I see him now he asks if I remember the old man with the machete.


Another house!


Yep, still working!


This is what some of the paths to arrive at the houses looked like.


Eating breakfast at Freddy`s in the hammock. You can always count on the generosity of Dominicans. It`s overwhelming and awesome!


Hanging with a parrot that this lady had at her house! It was quite friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment