Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catching up!

So I’m way behind by now. I’m now in my site for a visit for a few days but more on that later. There’s lots to catch up on first.

Here’s some more pictures from La Cumbre from some planting and transplanting we did in our last week there. Following that are some pictures of a party we had at my friend Ben’s house for us and the birthday of his host dad Rafael.


Jaron preparing a box garden.

Alexis, Leeann, and Malia preparing a box garden.

Leeann and Mark with Kiri in the background in the middle.

Kevin checking out some seeds that Yeni had sprouted in CD cases.


Tim, our technical trainer, squatting, giving us a lecture about some aspect of transplanting.

Thinning some carrots.


Digging up some peppers to transplant to our bed.


Transplanting some tomatoes.


Lizbet, one of Jared´s host siblings


Andrea and Carlitos dancing up a storm in Ben´s living room.


My good friend Cliff and I


Jared, Kiri and Cliff


Ben and Yeni


Sarah, me, Kiri, and Jaron making a surprise entrance!


Sarah, me, Kiri


Sarah and Carlitos dancing. Carlitos was our dance instructor for the time in La Cumbre, mainly because he refused to not let us dance. He was my friend Jared´s host brother.


Yeni and Mark with bottle caps for eyes.


Jasmin, Alexis and Sarah getting dancing lessons from the pre-teens at the party.

Kevin´s new haircut, although he´s already had it cut again.

Lots of pictures of my friends and family in La Cumbre. I miss them!


A couple of the kids down and Cliff´s place, Jose and Wanda who always wanted to chat with me when I visited.


Kevin with Lizbel, Moises, and David


Kevin with Juana and her husband


Kevin with Yudelka, David, Joel, and Elvin. Moises was already sleeping and missed the picture.


More family that lives just up the road. Tito, La China, and Eddie


Kevin, David, and Edwin


Joel is my cousin in La Cumbre Elvin´s son and pretty cute all around!


Here´s my family in La Cumbre. Edwin, Lizbel, me, Maria, Arsenio, and Daury behind.


My little host brother Edwin trying to hide from the camera. It was a sneak attack picture.


My cousins Daury and David


Cristal is the neighbor´s daughter and Lizbel is my little sister.

1 comment:

  1. Woodley, it is so good to hear from you and I really enjoyed the pictures of your host countryside and of your friends and family. We are enjoying Linda and Frank, John this weekend here in B'ham for Mother's Day. I tslked with your Mom and Brother today also.
    Pls. keep in touch - you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Love, Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete