Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wedding

So I went to a wedding with my host parents and host sister last Saturday night. Now weddings here in the campo are not the most common thing. Many people never get formally married from a justice of the peace or from the church because it's just too expensive and most people don't have the money to do it. This couple had actually been together for 20 some years and decided to get married finally because they had the money saved up to do so. There were a ton of people there and a ton of food. I'm not sure what most of the food was but it was pretty good. It was a little strange because I didn't know anyone except my host family until the very end when my friend showed up with her host family. But it was fun. Here's some pictures of my family at the wedding.


Maria and Arsenio my host parents

Maria and Lizbel.

My little host sister Lizbel and I

No comments:

Post a Comment