Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The plaza and los primos

Plaza Hilario is a the top of the hill in La Cumbre. It's a gathering place for the whole community on the weekends to hang out and have some drinks with friends and dance. We went up there this weekend to do some dancing and relaxing. I danced a few times with some of my friend's host brothers although I must say I still feel like a complete idiot when I dance. Here's a couple pictures (not of me dancing) of my friends and one of my professor when we're hanging out at the plaza.

Cliff, me, and Andrea


My Spanish professor Juan Lopez

Also during Semana Santa all the family members that can come home from wherever they may be. That meant that my friend Kevin who is my neighbor and cousin here had his host brothers come home (which means they're my host cousins). They came from Santo Domingo where both of them are studying civil engineering at a university. They kept us quite entertained taking us to the plaza, teaching us bad words, and in general making fun of each other. It was nice because they're around our age and there aren't many people around our age in the community that aren't married with kids. I don't have a picture of my cousin Juan Carlos, but here's some pictures some pictures of my friend Kevin and I with Yoel and my host brother/cousin Daury.

No comments:

Post a Comment