Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Beach!!

Last Sunday all 5 of us that live in Kilometer 15 of the La Cumbre area lucked out. The host moms of our friends Andrea and Alexis said they would take us to the beach. We rented a guagua (which was really only a little pick-up truck) and we loaded 11 of us into the truck. 2 in front with the driver and 9 of us in back. I have to say it's my favorite way to travel. It was a bumpy but beautiful hour and a half drive to the beach. And the nice thing about being with Dominicans is we go to the Dominican beach. It was kind of a cloudy day so I don't have any good pictures from the beach. It was a nice relaxing day on the beach though. I enjoyed it a lot. I talked to mom and dad on the phone for awhile and sat around and chatted with my friends in my group. It was kind of nice to feel like a tourist for a day instead of a Peace Corps volunteer. On our way home we stopped by a river to rinse off the salt. It was really a pretty spot except for all the garbage in it. I don't know what it is about this country, but they sure have a hard time getting their garbage in zafacones (garbage cans). More on the garbage later!

Here's some pictures!


Yameli, Jonas, Alexis, Yudi, and Yoelsi in the back of the truck on the way home from the beach.


Me, Cliff, Andrea, and Kevin in the back of the truck on the way home!! It, of course, rained on us on the way home!


A distant view of the beach on the way home! I need to steal some of my friend Andrea's pictures from the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment