Thursday, June 4, 2009

Adriana visits!

Last week was a busy week for me. A good week but a busy week. After updating y'all on my blog last Tuesday I ran some errands in town and met up with Adrienne, the health volunteer who was in El Batey until last November. She was getting ready to head back to the states and stopped by to say some last goodbyes. It was great to have her in town for a couple days so I could pick her mind and she could introduce me to some people who had been helpful to her. Plus, she's a cool young lady anyway! Wednesday we went walking around and I got to see a lot more of the community and meet a bunch of people she had worked with and/or knew in the community. Also, on the walk she showed me a little swimming hole she used to come to with some of the young people in the community when she needed a little dip. It's not super deep, but deep enough to dunk yourself which is more than can be said for most places in this river. With all the rocks and stuff in that area it totally reminded me of creeks back home, although not nearly as cold.


The swimming hole. I´m excited to go try it out someday soon. It´s been freakin´ hot and dry here for the last several days and I think it gets worse before it gets better.



Me, Francisca and Adrienne (a.k.a. Adriana) on the morning that she left to head back to the capital before heading off to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment