Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photos


Our Coke ad1


Our local hangout in our barrio. A colmado is a little general store that sells basic supplies. It kind of reminds me of the general store in Trout Lake. We dropped in today for a Coca-Cola and some time to relax after a grueling day of Spanish class and our first trip in the guaguas (buses) to downtown. In this picture are my group members Yeni (sitting on the steps) and from left to right Ben, Alanna, and Arya giving the thumbs up sign. There are seven of us that live in our barrio. You can also call the colmado and they’ll deliver stuff straight to your house.


My house from the front door. The opening to the left is the kitchen. The fridge is outside. There’s a little television to the left of the little blue table that has the fishbowl which holds two turtles named Mickey and Minnie. The door on the right at the back is the bedroom where my grandma, my mom, and my brother sleep and they have their own bathroom back there. The hallway just past the couch on the right leads to the room where their renter lives and to my room and the bathroom that me and the renter share.


View from the front. I’m standing at the fence. I’ll have a picture of the house from the road up here as soon as I can. Just getting brave enough to take my camera out in the streets here. There’s bars on all the windows, although we only lock up the house at night and there’s frequent visitors throughout the day since my host mom sells clothes, chicken and ice cream out of her house.


My bathroom. If you look in the shower stall you can see the bucket and the bottom of the two liter bottle I use to bath myself with cold water every night. It’s refreshing let me tell you!


Another view of my bedroom. It’s just as messy as my one at home, although I did clean last night!


My bedroom

That’s all for now folks! I hope you enjoy these and I’ll include more pretty soon. My world is pretty limited as of now because we’re supposed to be spending lots of time with our families and not go anywhere after dark and we are just now learning to use the public transportation safely and without getting totally lost.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog and cute photos! I love your ruffley toilet seat cover.
    Sounds like quite an adventure so far, hope you continue to enjoy it and stay safe!

    blessings, beka, dan and Ro

    ReplyDelete