Monday, May 31, 2010

Things I Want to Eat While On Vacation in the States

It's not that Dominican food isn't good, it's just that there's about 5 dishes you can make and then repeat. You can have locrio, which is like arroz con pollo, you can have la bandera which is rice, beans, and a piece of meat, you can have viveres, of which yucca is the only one I can stand. You can have moro, which is a mix of rice and beans. And you can have spaghetti. Those are the staples of the Dominican diet and you can generally find one of the five in every house that you walk in to, and they're all pretty much seasoned the same. Needless to say, you get a little tired of eating the same things day after day. So I'm excited to come home and eat good food. So here's my list of the things I hope to eat while I'm there.

Good cheese, i.e. sharp cheddar, mozzarella, brie, bleu, and any other yummy kind anyone can think of.
Sara's bloody Marys
'Leners lasagna
'Leners gumbo
Papi's granola
Papi's chili and cornbread
A big medium-rare Bean Haven steak with a baked potato with butter and sour cream.
Juanita's tortilla chips and Veronica's salsa
'Leners biscuits
A meal cooked by Aubrey
A meal cooked by Stan
Some good wine
Haagen Daz coffee ice cream
Bean Haven burgers
Good dill pickles
Salads

I know there's more...

Rogue Hazelnut Brown beer
Walking Man Raspberry Wheat beer
Some sort of beer from Double Mountain
Onion dip with potato chips

There's still more, I just can't think of it yet...

I'll add it later! I'm just excited to get home for a little while and see everyone. And play ping pong, disc golf, have a bonfire at the stones, and lots of other fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment