Thursday, September 10, 2009

Silvia, Juana, and Bolivar

I´m not sure how much I´ve mentioned Silvia, Juana, and Bolivar. If not, I should have, because they have been my friends and confidantes since practically day one. Silvia (a man) and his wife Juana own the colmado up the street from my house. Bolivar is Silvia´s dad that lives in a little house behind theirs. I would head up there most days to buy a refresco (pop or soda for you east coasters) or a bolon (lollipop) and just get out of my house particularly in the evenings before the house cooled down because it was hot!! Silvia is forever trying to get me to fall in love with one or the other of the boys in our campo and take them back to the States with me. He´s always giving me advice that makes me giggle. Juana is like a mom and gives me advice about things that I don´t understand. And Bolivar is just the nicest old man you´ve ever met. He always has something nice to say and is encouraging and always happy to see you. I´ve spent many evenings sitting and chatting with them and whoever else stops by in the evening, sometimes sharing a beer with Silvia. I don´t have a picture of Juana because she refuses to have her picture taken unless she´s all made up, although I may try to sneak one because she´s a beautiful lady and doesn´t need to be all made up.


But here´s Silvia!


And here´s Bolivar!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Woodley! I'M writing to you from the Marriot in Sea-Tac - the lap of luxury. I'm here for a conference on Dyslexia. Finally read your blog! Looks like you are being your friendly, warm hearted self and having great adventures. Jeni Stembridge is in Africa and doing blogs. Haven't read her's yet. Joan Chantler

    ReplyDelete