Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Neighbors

So my new house of course comes with new neighbors and new views. I still don´t have nearly enough pictures of my house to share with you all. I keep forgetting to take pictures when I´m at home. I´ll take care of that shortly so you can see more of my house.

This is me standing at the edge of the rice field at Santico´s house. He is the neighbor across the way and the father of my friend Francisco.


I can´t remember this guys name but he´s always working for Santico, helping him out with planting harvesting, etc. Here he is with a sickle and a handful of rice stalks!


This is the view across the way from my house. This is Santico´s house and you can see the mountains in the background. Pretty spectacular. I´ll take pictures from the front and the back of the house soon so you can see what I see.


These are the little neighbor boys Pedro and Niño, sons of my friend Mayra and her husband Goné. They wander over to visit and see what I´m doing most every day and Pedro is great about being manda´o (mandado or sent) to the colmado to buy whatever you happen to need and just a sweet little boy and Niño is about as cute as they come and always wanders over to talk to me. I have to keep mints on hand to give out to the boys when they visit.


This is Mayra, my neighbor and friend. She is 30 as well, which is nice because many of the people I hang out with are much younger than me. She lives with her husband and 3 sons next door and then her mother, Malega, lives in a little house right there as well. Families tend to stick close around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment