Friday, August 28, 2009

3-Month In-Service Training

After we have been in our sites three months they call all of us back together for a week long training. The first couple of days with our project partners and the second couple of days with just our group learning various new skills that we've found we need since we've been in our sites. We did presentations with our project partners about the interviews we'd done in our sites and our findings and potential projects we hope to be able to do or at least get started in our first year in site. Here's some random pictures from the week. I'll do another post with my results because I think they're pretty interesting and would like to share what I hope to be doing for the next couple of years in my site.

My friend Yeni and I trying to stay out of the sun while we were working on the vivero (nursery).

The shirt my friend Mark made with leaves


The whole group together again!


My friend Jaron's shirt


Malia working on her shirt


My shirt! Isn't it pretty


Leeann putting her artistic skills to work on her shirt


Benjamin chilling in the rocker! He was sick all week and turns out he had dengue although he's feeling much better now.


Cliff after we returned from a day camp that's up the road that works on team-building and communication skills. They painted our faces with a different color when we completed a task.

No comments:

Post a Comment